Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonel does not use his special ability at all

Hello,

My colonel stopped using his special ability yesterday. I spawn 3-4 of them in battle and still there is no single focus fire drawn.
    How can I make him work again? Its my only hero unit and only hope to defat 3 skull base. Please help!

Can you please provide me with video of this issue occurring? Thanks.

Comment

memlokus, do you have a Colonel unit in your Veterans squad? I've noted this same issue a few times here in the forums and other folks have confirmed that having him as a Vet seems to be related to it occurring. It also appears to cause replays to crash after a couple minutes.

Comment

• SD-PEER81
        SD-PEER81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, okay...so does this issue only occur with the Vet version of the Colonel or with any version of the Colonel?

The normal unit exhibits this issue when deployed, IF you have a Colonel Vet unit in your current squad. I'm not sure if it occurs if you actually deploy the Vet unit itself. If you do NOT have a Vet Colonel in your squad, the regular units seem to function normally. I hope this helps to clarify!

Comment

Originally posted by SD-PEER81 View Post
        Ah, okay...so does this issue only occur with the Vet version of the Colonel or with any version of the Colonel?
        SD-PEER81,

See the more recent posts in this Steam community thread on the same topic
        https://steamcommunity.com/app/44615...scn=1523079868

People that have been testing are concluding if you have any Veteran Colonel in your Veteran stock, then they all Colonels are not functioning correctly. Have to kill off your Veteran Colonels and then the non-Veteran ones you deploy during PvP start to function.

Comment

I decided to try using Colonel myself and here are my findings (from play on Steam)
          • If you have no Colonel veterans saved when you start up the game, then you can use Veterans and their ability gets used and benefits you
          • If they are working and some upgrade to be Veteran, they continue to work
          • If they are working and you complete a match with surviving Veteran Colonels, on next battle, they continue to work
          • If you close the game with Veterans Colonels saved, the next time you boot up and try using Colonels, their ability will not fire
          • If they are not working, and you kill off all your Veteran Colonels, they will still not work
          • If they are not working, and you start a new match with no Veteran Colonels saved, they will still not work
          • If they are not working, and you kill off all your Veteran Colonels, then restart the game, they will be back to working
          So long story short, the bug occurs if you have Veteran Colonels at the time you boot up the game. To correct the problem, you have to kill off all your Veteran Colonels, and then restart the game. After that you can save Veteran Colonels if you want, and keep playing bug free, but if you are closing the game, kill off or replace your Veteran Colonels first.

Comment

• SD-PEER81
            SD-PEER81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much for this additional info C!

• cusman
            cusman commented
            Editing a comment
            You are welcome. It is a really fun and useful unit. Makes me wonder if the bug is why I don't see it in use more.
        Working...
        X