X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just 2 Star for stomping through?

I wasn't recording when I played this but this was a surprising 2 Star because this opponent had blocked path using Anti-Air and prevented any of their tent troops or HQ Squad from deploying until those were destroyed. At this point, my troop size was already max unit count and just marched through destroying everything with ease.

At mission tally, it gives 2 stars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180524073010_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	4269

Just look at how much time I have left, how much munitions. It was a complete stomp through the base and I end up with 2 Stars rating. Not a fair assessment if you ask me.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Did you not send grunts in for 6 or 7 minutes while you collected Supply Drops and ammunition and not finish until over 10 minutes? Yeah, that's your problem. 3* everytime that happen to me. /s
    That is odd though you rolled it and there is that much gap left from second star to the third.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrolis1 View Post
      Did you not send grunts in for 6 or 7 minutes while you collected Supply Drops and ammunition and not finish until over 10 minutes? Yeah, that's your problem. 3* everytime that happen to me. /s
      That is odd though you rolled it and there is that much gap left from second star to the third.
      I didn't waste time. At victory, I had over 7 minutes left on the clock. Everything in their base got destroyed. They just didn't have any troops to kill because of poor structure placement blocking both HQ Squad and Tent troop spawning. The base did have some Veterans in cover positions ahead of the blocked path so they were killed and some structures, and then the block was removed and soon after everything else got demolished. I think only 2 Commandos spawned in total for what would be HQ Squad / Last Stand / Tent Troops.

In any case, what is unfair is not getting 3 Star because someone crippled their own base with a poorly placed structure.

Comment

Odytzak had this xploit in his base where his base was somewhat easy to beat but not easy to get 3 stars because of the hidden buildings that if not destroyed you only got 1 or 2 star win but somehow this has never been brought to the developers attention. A few other players had also taken advantage of this XPLOIT making 5:30 defenseless bases that only give 1 star win even tho you rolled thru them. If you look at ODYTZAKs PvP record you can see what I mean, he has way more losses than wins and somehow he is a top PvP base defender on the leaderboards. Also look at his level and the amount of dog tags and they don’t match.
        Last edited by mendoza0206*PC; 05-24-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206*PC View Post
          Odytzak had this xploit in his base where his base was somewhat easy to beat but not easy to get 3 stars because of the hidden buildings that if not destroyed you only got 1 or 2 star win but somehow this has never been brought to the developers attention.
          I don't think that is the situation here. In the base I stomped through, I think all the structures got destroyed but I still got 2 Star only because it had no troops due to I assume accidental placement of structure that blocked troops from spawning until it was too late.

As for Odytsak's base being easy / hard, I think I have only faced his Steam base which was a low build-point Sniper base and had clever design. His main PSN account has attacked my PSN base, but I play less on that and retaliation was expired.

That said, I have seen video from other players that beat his main PSN account base on both Odystak's YouTube channel and others. Just today I saw a different player post video of defeating Odystak's base.

It is not among the harder Bombardier bases. It is definitely more interested in CPU Defense and trying out weird tactics like recently he had his base set to be a 100% Mercenary base for Defend Wave or CPU Defend (I forget which one). I just remember it was entertaining to watch.

I don't think he is overly concerned about his win/loss ratios

Comment

Obviously people who employ this XPLOIT don’t care for win los ratio but they do get spoils from their 1-2 star wins. People have long complained about the bombardier bases but not many faced good chemist bases. ODYTZAKs base had a chemist behind some rocks covered by a couple AAs and would fire without being fired back to. He changed his base not long ago but for a long time his base remained the same. Many people complain about not being attacked while others get attacked a lot and I think this type of XPLOIT has somethings to do with it. ODYTZAKs base and others like it would appear on my attack list very often every day and also during AB. I had a high win loss ratio and kept being matched against bases with high loss ratios. So maybe giving a 1-2 star easy win to attackers while getting some AB points and the spoils that come from the “loss” while putting their bases on the attack pool instead of others.
            Last edited by mendoza0206*PC; 05-24-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

People have long complained about the bombardier bases but not many faced good chemist bases
              My Steam account base is a Chemist + something else base. I keep changing around what else depending on what Medals I have left to earn. The Chemist is also in use because getting 15,000 poisonings in PvP is too long a grind and its much better to let the Chemist have its way with the Defend Wave attackers.

It wins more than it loses on the PvP Defend side. I am happy with it. At one point it had Bombardiers, then Rocketeers. Now there is a mix of things plus the Chemist (since Chemist only Medal left for me on my Steam account - excluding Accolades). Chemist bases that I face are never pure Chemist bases. There is always something else that has to finish the job. All the Chemist can do is slow down the attackers and make them pay for not bringing a Medic in their loadout (or not equipping Poison Resist)

Bombardier bases are toughest because there isn't good counter against them. Everything else gets countered easily by something or other. Basically Bombardier resistance to self-destruction from Decoy and the Health Regen Hats and the ability to shoot over stuff all add up to be a formidable problem for attackers.

My PSN account has another base layout where I change my tent troops now and again but otherwise keep it the same layout since months. Sometimes it has Chemist, sometimes Bombardier, sometimes Engineer. I even tried Machine Gunner and Commando but Surgeons keep reviving so I gotta use something explosive or poisonous. Would love to use Flamers but the friendly fire is too dangerous to own defenses.

Comment

Back to the topic, this XPLOIT of defenseless bases getting 1 and 2 star wins needs to be looked into by developers and addressed pronto. I battled quite enough of this bases...kdesmo had his base set to just a few AAs and blocked HQ...with a maze that made your units go around in circles and if not played smart you would only get a 1 star win. You had to deploy a couple Paratroopers before you did a full attack and wait for them to destroy the AAs to guarantee a 3 star win. There is a few others that I can’t remember at this time so this is a known XPLOIT and not a glitch.

Comment

Back to the topic, this XPLOIT of defenseless bases getting 1 and 2 star wins needs to be looked into by developers and addressed pronto
                  Glad to be back on point. The base I posted about I doubt was purposely trying to XPLOIT to give attackers 1-2 stars instead of 3, but regardless of intention the result was the same. It would be nice for developers to take a second look and re-calibrate the Star rating thresholds for bases that block units from spawning. It isn't the attackers fault when a base doesn't produce enough things to slaughter.

Comment

That's very odd. I've fought bases before (as I'm sure everyone has) where the person has nothing out, probably redesigning it and I always get 3 stars. Not sure why you only got 2 here but without seeing the battle its hard to say. A very strange situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
                      That's very odd. I've fought bases before (as I'm sure everyone has) where the person has nothing out, probably redesigning it and I always get 3 stars. Not sure why you only got 2 here but without seeing the battle its hard to say. A very strange situation.
                      It has only happened this one time that I can recall and I wasn't recording. I almost regret posting about it as it really isn't a "big" problem at all in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Working...
                      X