X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple HQ Bug Report

Notice how the HQ is spawning multiple HQ Squads at same time and also how multiple layers of stacked HQ's have to be destroyed.

Video meant for games developers showing the visual symptoms of the bug.

Double base glitch. It doesn't just double the HQ squad by the way it doubles the effect of any base card they use. Just need to report them when you see em.

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      That is correct. All Last Stand cards, the HQ Squad card, HQ Defender, and I think even Paratroopers card are doubled (or even tripled). I do wonder if things like more Anti-Air Range, Ego, etc also get stacked.

I didn't report player because Odytsak was saying it isn't something the player does, so it really wouldn't be fair to be reporting the player. Supposedly this is something Guns Up! developers are able to fix for each person having issue by doing something on backend for them.

I am just hoping video gives them a clue on how to fix the problem so it doesn't happen for anybody.

Pretty sure everything is doubled, the reason it can look tripled is because if the person is running volunteers on a glitched base the perk gets calculated in twice. Once for each HQ squad. So if you have volunteers on every unit of a very varied HQ Squad like the engineer or rockeeter, now you're talking about potentially insane numbers of units coming out of the base every 60 seconds or every 120 seconds as whatever the case may be if all those volunteer perks successfully trigger twice.
    Last edited by Kenpo_Kid69; 06-03-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      If you observe how the HQ gets destroyed in layers, it is three layers and as far as I can tell. The upgraded HQ (level 4) gets replaced briefly by a level 3, and then a level 2 before Victory.

It could be only X number of cards get duplicated and one less gets tripled? I mean only a level 4 HQ can have 6 cards.

Use the slow-motion video option in YouTube (set Speed to .25) to see the HQ being destroyed in slow-motion. Might allow you to see that better. Not saying I am right, just giving my reason for thinking it could be more than doubling for some of the HQ cards.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I've sent this info over to the team to take a look at.

Comment

• cusman
      cusman commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to help. I have seen this glitch for both Steam and PSN players. I see posts on the Steam forum where this is considered cheating. Might be good to publicly acknowledge this as a known bug so players aren't going around accusing each other of cheating when they are victim of a weird glitch.

Originally posted by claytonhorning*PC

It most certainly does. https://steamcommunity.com/app/44615...2526911016279/

You don't remember replying twice to that discussion?
    Since this is about a different player I didn't think of that. Both threads are about the same glitch which I have since been told is not the players fault (i.e. not intentional attempt at cheating). In both cases, it looks like solution was for developers to reset something on backend to fix the problem for those players afflicted which aligns with what Odytsak told me has to be done to fix the glitch while explaining how it is not cheating.

So yes, it feels like cheating because it is wrong to have double HQ Squad, double HQ Last Stands, etc. But if the player didn't cause glitch intentionally with intention, then it can't be considered cheating.

I have run into joker, but as a defender. I didn't bother attacking his base back even knowing he has recently lost all his Veterans because his is a Bombardier base, and I get enough of those in PvP / Alliance Battles already.

Comment

Working...
    X