X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck issue - My last questions to GU Team

1- Do you see the replay of defeats of the high level dog tags and attack players that claimed about this error for months?

2- Did you tested against complex bases with truck issue more towers?

3- How you don't see nothing wrong when players are forced to play wrong using focus fire against enclosed towers to make the truck move to battle?

4- You don't see any parallel with this actual problem with old school hided tower?

I am simply perplexed that we have update on new structures while such a serious problem in gameplay is clearly dealt with a policy of normality persuasion held by you. Unfortunately I will have to agree with some comrades who say that you do not play the game itself.

5- Will I have to state that the lack of control of the truck is bad enough how many times?
    Last edited by BAGRITTUS; 03-30-2017, 12:51 PM.

I haven't had my truck destroyed by snipers towers yet since last fix. I like having control over when the truck moves by destroying structures to have the truck move forward or not destroy them to have the truck stay back to stop it from being targeted by snipers auto fire.

Comment

• Spidermonkey-21-
      Spidermonkey-21- commented
      Editing a comment
      The truck behavior isn't the problem. The towers that can't be seen by troops,but can get a shot off at them is. Best advice- always take 2 focus fires and don't spam troops,keep them together. It's much better than having truck go up through there like a kamikaze.

• BAGRITTUS
      BAGRITTUS commented
      Editing a comment
      The tower works correctly. The range of majority units it what make it "invisible". See experience players saying ok for actual behavior make me really sad. Evebody saying ok to play wrong and be passive with an unplayable situation. Or i became paranoid or people are with a serious cognitive problem in mass
      Last edited by BAGRITTUS; 03-31-2017, 07:21 AM.

• Da_SpiderMonkey
      Da_SpiderMonkey commented
      Editing a comment
      I am an experienced player and tried to explain to you that the truck AI is the best it's been in a long time! It won't move if troops take fire ahead of it! Most bases will put atleast 1 tower at top behind big rock with a wall next to the ruins,it can see troops,but they can't see it standing right in front of it! Troop dies,truck stops. If you can't comprehend how to get past this,I don't believe anything will help you! Guess you'll just have to be SAD about it!!!

I said that to developers to spit on players! They don't play a game and therefore no what is seen!The problem with truck was solved! Today again his towers blew up.... I will throw off video soon!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uomX9vwTivw

Convince me that the truck had no negative influence on the conclusion of this battle. How to still believe that this behavior has not made people play wrong. Only after the destruction of the towers that presented no real danger to the truck did it move. The distance between him and the enemy units, soon of my troops made me lose. Before this update bug I had no difficulty winning from the same opponent with the only difference that I used a missile to kill the hidden chemical units, but today I am forced to give up the missile to try to balance the truck problem with a focus fire that I'm forced to discard to make my truck ride. Do you understand now or do I have to draw?

Comment

• mendoza0206
        mendoza0206 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is why we have attack cards. Bad choice in attack cards can result in a miserable loss. Don't cheap out on FF and be smart on how and when you use them.

Originally posted by BAGRITTUS View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uomX9vwTivw

Convince me that the truck had no negative influence on the conclusion of this battle. How to still believe that this behavior has not made people play wrong. Only after the destruction of the towers that presented no real danger to the truck did it move. The distance between him and the enemy units, soon of my troops made me lose.
      Your video had no audio. Hopefully in future you can record/upload with audio.

Anyway, in terms of truck stopping and not wanting to use your Focus fire to take out the structure it is waiting to be destroyed. Another option you have is to stop spawning troops The truck stops moving if any of your troops (no matter how ahead of the truck) are under fire. It isn't the Sniper Nests unless they are able to hit something and hitting something.

Spawn just enough troops to take out HQ Squad and then if they go and die and another HQ Squad hasn't spawned, your truck should start moving forward again. If any troops are in combat, the truck stops.

Not saying how it is working is optimal, but it is arrogant to not adapt and blame your loss on how you think it should work rather than how it is working. I personally think truck should be aware of how ahead your troops are that are getting hit before it decides to stop just because they are getting hit (which was implemented to prevent trucks from being suicidal).

Their "fix" for the suicidal truck just needs to be made a bit smarter (distance aware). In meantime, you have to play according to how it is working today.

Comment

• BAGRITTUS
        BAGRITTUS commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll repeat again. Its wrong spent resource in structures to make truck move to reduce the distance between real battle. Its like old time, no worst because of vets and training ground. I always adapt me to new strategies, i´m not arrogant like you said, i'm experience player that shows to evebody a clearly problem that evebody seems to be blinded to see an obvious situation. I don't know about your real experience and mathmaking, but bases with reduced time like that the distance makes diference. You strike bases with one single wave, like a blietzkrieg everytime? You really don't see any structural problem that makes the dinamic of balance between attack and defense totally unbalanced because of "safe"truck?
        Last edited by BAGRITTUS; 03-31-2017, 09:54 AM.

• cusman
        cusman commented
        Editing a comment
        a) I didn't call you arrogant. I said it is arrogant to not adapt and so on. There is a difference, but regardless, maybe poor choice of word on my part. Please revise to read it as it is not smart to not adapt and so on.

b) I am currently level 44. I go against 3 Skull Nightmare bases. The base you attacked and shared isn't that atypical of bases I encounter. I tend to have Paratroopers and Focus Fire and I know destroying structures and time can both give more FF and other cards.

c) Do I single wave / blitzkrieg every time? No, I think pulling troops back with Rally or even letting the current wave fight to death and taking moment to reassess / time things can be important. Either to let their HQ Squad come out and get handled or waiting for an attack card I think will make the engagement easier.

d) I already said the truck shouldn't stop when your troops getting attacked are way ahead of it. But as it is now, you have to stop spawning troops sending them a few at a time into the hands of enemies. As long as they are engaged and getting shot, the Truck stays still. It only moves forward after a period where none of your troops are getting shot. You have to use this knowledge or you will struggle.

@Mendoza, plese tell me in your wisdom what cards it right. I'd like to be smart too. My attack cards was 3 FF, 3k and Tatical Boots.
      Last edited by BAGRITTUS; 03-31-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• mendoza0206
        mendoza0206 commented
        Editing a comment
        I beat that base with only 2 ff, so I don't know what to tell you.

@Mendonza

Ok, can you post a video? I´ll apreciate your variation of skills to beat the same base. What its your set up? Do you use vets? What of them? What units and perks? But, there´s a wrong perpecitive in your aswer again. You, with your variants can defeat. Congratulations! The game is not your set up, vets if you use, perks that you use. Some units its evidencial to win (Riot and medics) but there´s a lot of variants of units and ways to play and until i know there´s no one way to reach the victory, a invencible patter, old and bored to everyone. If this game became this pattern that is followed to everyone, there´s something really wrong. Variant exists in any good game and i still thinking GU is a good game although the bugs. And independt of the your units, setup and way of play, the truck behaviour its a numeric evidence. Can you understand that distance, time, munitions, capacity of defender to respaw new units its a complex expression tha should be absorved in game to win? If you do, how could you simple see this situation and say ok,the truck is not negatively influencing the gameplay? Like i said, i constantly won against the same base, but after the "new old behaviour" the distance of truck became determinated to an unbalance situation beetwen attackers and defenders, forcing the first to play wrong to fix the truck behaviour (distance of real battle).
      Last edited by BAGRITTUS; 03-31-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

In my experience truck is working better than ever. This is why we have nightmare opponents they are supposed to be hard to beat. I don't mind loosing if all my troops die and I run out of munitions, but I don't like my truck blowing up before I get the chance to attack.

Comment

• BAGRITTUS
          BAGRITTUS commented
          Editing a comment
          Judging that you have not answered my questions and yet made another elusive and disconnected comment, the problem really is cognitive.

I attacked you 3 times with same load out, just used attack cards different and I lost 2. As you can see it all depends on how you use the attack cards and when you use them.

Comment

Working...
        X