Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting my clock cleaned by low level bases now.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my clock cleaned by low level bases now.

I dont know what is going on these days but im running into bases where i deploy 43 soldiers ranging from rangers to granade launchers with medics and with 30 seconds i have nothing left. going against bases that are 1800-2000 power with 2 white sculls. and before someone says anything. I have tier 3-4 cards on mosts of my guys using attack cards and just get destroyed. this is random and sometimes it happens right after ive already destroyed the same base with relative ease...........either we have cheaters or the server is adjusting game play to frustrate players into spending more money. OH......wait......I know thats not happening so any ideas are welcome.

I noticed it too. I think the hero unit addition, unit HQ cards, Barb wire, wall upgrades, stupid rocks have heavily tipped the scales in favor of defending not to mention the truck sucks! I've lost my last several units and my truck to one grenade launcher guy I think they should at least let you select some HQ cards to the truck so it's not a lost cause when your out of munitions

Comment

I play this game for a long time now. I remember when back in the day 2 white skulls were always the same in terms of difficulty. This changed at some point with some update. Now it feels totally random. Sometimes you get a 2k base with 2 tents and sometimes a 4-6k one loaded up with nearly fully upgraded structures and walls. I liked the old skull rating more, at least you knew what you were up against.

Comment

"Buy a card pack today!"

Comment

• justiceslayer803
          justiceslayer803 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not buying any more with this awful algorithm and match making. I knew someone would say this though.

Yeah it's gotten really bad! It's gotten to the point where no matter what unit/perk/card setup I have. I get straight DUSTED! Also, I see a lot of players use exploits that have yet to be plugged that basically make it impossible to beat their base no matter what you do. It's bad enough that it seems like it takes forever for your units to even gain one vet level, but if they're lucky enough to survive long enough to reach it, they very often soon killed of. There are SO many things I could touch on that now make this game nowhere near as fun as it used to be for me (unpatched glitches, wonky base meta, etc.), but I'll just leave it here. This game is HORRIBLY unbalanced in it's current state. Damn I miss the old days!

Comment

Strategies. No card or perk combination will guarantee a win.

As for base Defence. You can make it tough but short of impenetrable. As on my case there is always someone out there who has enough brute force to level my base to the ground. (except for the pink flamingo decor it's an immortal 😂)

Have fun. Expect that every other opponent is a nightmare if your level 40 and above.

Comment

• Maus_1908
            Maus_1908 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, strategy becomes inportant. Just spawning your units and relying on brute force gets punished as it should. There are definitely ways to beat almost every base, if not every base.

• lian_webber
            lian_webber commented
            Editing a comment
            That is true. I encountered several high level bases but since some of them were badly configured. Waves of Grunts manage to overwhelm them. Base Power only reflect the amount of defenses and structures in place. As for the difficulty. You just need to attack and find out 🤣.

Every base is beatable without even using veterans. Perks, units, the right attack cards make the difference.

Comment

• cusman
            cusman commented
            Editing a comment
            When I am playing on newer account (like I do for my Steam Guns Up! account), having veterans lets me have bigger army on field which makes a huge difference while my spawn units are missing on quality perks (and medals) and I have the lower unit caps.

For my original PSN account where I already have 40+ unit cap and Legendary / Ultra / Hero perks (and all medals), veterans are only used to train them to get up to 3rd tier. Very rarely do I feel the need to use my veterans as a competitive turning point.

• mendoza0206
            mendoza0206 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have videos to prove it, I've beaten most if not all top 20 defend PvP overall ranked bases.

• DKang89
            DKang89 commented
            Editing a comment
            translation: bring 5 focus fires

I just got clobbered by a power 1200 guy with nothing but grunts......but lots of them. This is and Im not uping any more cash. It is fun as heck though.

Comment

• cusman
            cusman commented
            Editing a comment
            Many fail against my base, but some ultra perk equipped patient grunt spamming with very strategic use of the attack cards / specials can still take my base down in surprisingly effective way.

well known for a while now the defending in general has had a slow power creep and huge advantage.

this isnt helped by long standing attacking bugs, like non-exploding missiles and the always terrible AI pathing

Comment

• Maus_1908
            Maus_1908 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree with the missile bug and the anti air prioritizing, but since theyre there its better to adjust strategy accordingly till its fixed.

Disagree with the huge advantage you claim defenders have. Dont forget that in fact, the attackers have control of the flow of the battle., emphasized by the special drop rate of 15 seconds.

Defenders have a drop rate, as well in the form of regular spawns that are UNLIMITED until you destroy a tent and even then there's the HQ soldiers! Not to mention all of the attack structures have way more range than most of the units themselves, so most of the time, before any of your soldiers get to even fire one shot, half of your squad is dead! It seems like that the only way to have a chance in hell of beating most bases now is to have either nothing but focus fires, decoys, or smoke bombs. I have used probably every card/squad combo you can think of and the only ones that have the best chance of success (but fails miserably most of the time) is either taking a high damage squad with FF or using up all of your smoke bombs an Decoys just to get through the front line. This is not sustainable because eventually you're gonna run out of all three. There's at the very least a small balance issue here.

Comment

Working...
          X