X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still needs more Pathfinding / AI improvement

I fully appreciate all the improvements that continue to come to the game, but obviously there is room for more improvement still.

Please see the gameplay video below for two examples where I feel Pathfinding / AI improvement is needed

In case it isn't obvious, I put giant salt shaker where I feel the AI is being dumber than it should be.
    Alliance: Helldivers
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/cusman

Haha! Structures are still blocking path? If only you hadn’t wasted one of them rally flags.

Comment

No my friend, for the sake of all, developers should (really) no longer touch the gameplay of the game.
      And as for the video that you posted, this player has a very intelligent base, but you wasted rally flag, which cost you dearly. :/

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza0206*PC View Post
        Haha! Structures are still blocking path? If only you hadn’t wasted one of them rally flags.
        My salted wounds are still too fresh to laugh, but I am glad you can find reason to have a good laugh here

Comment

It was all just bad management of specials on your part, you had 3 rally flags and 2 FFs. You also used your aerials too early which you could’ve used to destroy the sniper tower. I find it funny because I’ve seen this behavior so many times before attacking my nightmares and even my 2 whites had it. I’ll give you a piece of advice if you’ll take it, PATIENCE. I also lost a few battles because I rushed my attacks. But you have to agree tho, that lonely grunt all the way back at the beginning of the base was like “Fck it, I ain’t going” and the sharpshooter was also doing the same.
          Last edited by mendoza0206*PC; 04-03-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

It was all just bad management of specials on your part, you had 3 rally flags and 2 FFs.
            Of course I made mistakes, but you don't think the troops (dumb AI) should go in and destroy that 2nd Sniper Tower after I had opened the walls without requiring me to waste Rally Flag? Then again when the walls are open to 3rd Sniper Tower, they again go from north because the base is cleverly designed to exploit path finding.

It is an example of unintuitive gameplay.

Comment

@cusman There is no pathfinding issue anymore after the 3.30 patch. There, the problem is that you use your FF twice on the walls while you could have aimed the sniper towers directly... You created problems yourself. His base is a straight line in the path as seen in your video, np.

Don't.Touch.The.Gameplay.Anymore.
              It's enough.

Comment

• cusman
                cusman commented
                Editing a comment
                You have your opinion, and I have mine.

You know what causes that, its because your units will always prioritize enemy patrols first. The first time they engaged the enemy patrol and decided to keep moving you forward, which forced you to waste a rally flag. And the second time they abandoned the 2nd tower to engage the next patrol. I think in the case of the first tower, some of your units would have likely split naturally to take care of the first tower. Might have been bad for those units rushing in though.

Is it something they should fix? I dunno. I don't know if it necessarily needs fixing, it can be annoying when it happens but it might be a bit too easy if your troops just cleared out everything front to back. Also if your troops did prioritize structures, that might create an even more annoying problem if the enemy squad makes its way to your truck unopposed, since your units are pre-occupied with the tower. So you might be trading in one nuisance for even bigger one.

Comment

The salt shakers were a nice touch by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpo_Kid69 View Post
                  You know what causes that, its because your units will always prioritize enemy patrols first.
                  I understand patrols taking priority, but after that they should go back to the more intuitive path (destroy structures that are blocking path). The issue in this case is that Anti-Air in that spot blocks the path, so they don't try to go through that way.

Here is another example from another player (Rabah_1989) where you can see the same thing happening around 5:50

Are defenders specifically designing this exploit into their base? Can attackers adjust for this dumb AI behavior? Yes on both, but my purpose here is to report to developers an area that I feel the AI behavior should be improved because the current implementation allowing for this exploit is unintuitive and weird.

Comment

But you have to agree tho, that lonely grunt all the way back at the beginning of the base was like “Fck it, I ain’t going” and the sharpshooter was also doing the same.
                    Now that enough time has passed, I can at least laugh at that. Still, I think that at least should be recognized as an example of poor AI path finding. What my Truck did was also pretty crazy.

Comment

@cusman In short what do you want to say? AA block the way and you want the devs make them transparent like tank trap or sandbag in the past? That's it?

In the two videos that you send, the first, you use your FF on the walls instead of using them directly on the sniper towers (which would have had the purpose of destroying the walls in the process...)

In the second video where Rabah attacks a player, he used good his FF, unfortunately he was not lucky because the shots did not hit the AA enough, but that did not stop him from winning the battle it's minimal in the game.

After a while the FF, Rally Flag and The Paratroopers are not there to decorate so use them smartly instead of rushing... Damn

Comment

Originally posted by IsraelysGU View Post
                        @cusman In short what do you want to say? AA block the way and you want the devs make them transparent like tank trap or sandbag in the past? That's it?
                        I am reporting the issue as a bug in the support forum, while giving video demonstration of the defect. It is no different than the way sand bags and tank traps blocking AI path finding was a bug (and used as an exploit) by people aware of it.

Beyond this, my job is done. Now it is up to developers to review and prioritize a fix if they agree or disregard if they disagree.

Comment

Working...
                        X